Wednesday 26 July 2023

my friends said maybe I should tell you how I feel

 but it seemed too scary to say it over a meal,

so I chose letters, words and rhymes

but I know that this doesn't always work, sometimes

but sometimes it does

what if we are the exception

maybe all we really needed was just better communication?

this might not work

I know that very well

I could say how I feel, and it might hurt like hell

but it might not

I mean, you might feel the same

somewhere deep down there might be hearts drawn around my name

it's ok if there isn't

but maybe in the future we're together

maybe it's tomorrow, I mean that would be even better

my friend said maybe I should tell you how I feel...

well, my heart is unlocked and ready for you to steal

I think it's been ready for a while

but you know how this goes - we might like each other today but tomorrow, who knows

I know, at least, that tomorrow I will

because if these feelings were a choice, I would choose to feel this way about you still

tomorrow, today, you make my heart stop, pick itself up, backflip, then hop

tomorrow, today, you make me feel warm, absolutely calm, love in its every form

tomorrow, today, my angels clap and sing, because you are the best gift they saved for decades to bring

my friend said maybe you might feel this way too

but if I should tell you how I feel, I guess I should say 

No comments:

Post a Comment